Shakti- A National Movement for women, started by ‘Vijnana Bharati’ in the year 2003. SHAKTI recognizes the importance of women in the society and aims to provide a platform to contribute for the total development of the nation. SHAKTI works with the women of kindred spirit and tries to awake for their unseen potential and abilities which can bring social, economic and cultural change in the society and change the perception about women. SHAKTI tries to ensure the involvement of women from various fraternities to formulate and design the beneficial mechanisms and systems for the various women empowerment through the intervention of Science and Technology.
Shakti believes in promoting progress without flouting the traditions that have been handed down through centuries so as to preserve our national identity. Shakti means by the Women for the Women with the support of men and certainly not against them. We firmly believe that both men and women empower and complement each other and are not adversaries. Shakti therefore wants to bring about conspicuous change in societal mind set so that both men and women can come together and complements each other for a progressive future.
Shakti is based on the philosophy of Oneness and Ardhanareeshwar
Objectives Of Shakti
- Empowering women to generate a strong concept of service to the nation and society as a whole.
- To sensitize government & non-governmental agencies in policy making & execution.
- Provide a platform to discuss education, health, employment and development on women related issues.
- Undertake research and development projects for issues related to women empowerment and sustainable development of underprivileged section of the society.
- Conduct surveys based studies, campaign and awareness programme for overall development of the society.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other agencies pursuing allied aims and objectives.
- Taking up rural development activities for women.
- Facilitate for legal, medical, and financial support to the underprivileged & oppressed community.