Rural Development Activities
SHAKTI understand the larger section of the society lives in the country side area and it needs special attention for various reasons like education, health, economy, social, empowerment etc. SHAKTI has identified few important issues on which special attention is needed and started working to fulfil the gap of rural-urban privileges and lacuna.
SHAKTI’s Rural Development Activities have following objectives
- To provide a self-sustaining, decent life style in under privileged areas.
- Prevent distress migration from rural to urban areas, which is a common phenomenon in villages due to lack of opportunities and facilities that guarantee a basic standard of living.
- To make the selected area a “hub” of resources for the development of other areas in its vicinity.
- Provide easier, faster and cheaper access to urban markets for agricultural produce or other marketable commodities produced in such villages.
- Contribute towards social empowerment by engaging all sections of the community in the task of village development.
- Create and sustain a culture of cooperative living for inclusive and rapid development.
Following are the major activities getting carried out under the Rural Development Activities
(a) SHAKTI Model Village: A village with self-sustained and socioeconomically self-reliant model village. SHAKTI provides round the clock support and guidance on each aspect.
(b) Sangini: Women Hygiene & Cancer Prevention Project to provide hygiene to rural women, prevention of cancer in women due to unhealthy lifestyle and to make available women friendly aids on health and hygiene are an integral part of the project.
(c) Nandini: A project to provide integrated managements system for non milking cows and product production (panchgavya).
(d) e-Shakti: Is the scheme to make persons in rural areas, across States/UTs, digitally literate. The Scheme would empower the girls in different areas by training them to operate computer or digital access devices (like tablets, smart phones etc.), send and receive e-mails, browse Internet, access Government services, search for information, undertake digital payment etc. and hence enable them to use the Information Technology and related applications especially Digital Payments to actively participate in the process of nation building. Apart from above activities following projects are being underway in different units.
(e) Project Energy.
(f) Project Nutrition.
(g) Project on Mushroom Cultivation.
(h) Project on Bag Making.
(I) Project on community Water filtration Plant & Smoke free Fuel.
(j) Project on Women Friendly Rural Technologye.